Tipping your movers is one of the most important things you can do to show your appreciation for their hard work. However, it can be challenging to know how much to tip or when to tip.
- Plan ahead- You should have a plan in place before the moving day arrives. Determine how much you can afford to tip and make sure you have enough cash on hand. It’s also a good idea to ask your moving company if they have any guidelines or policies regarding tipping.
- Consider the difficulty of the move- The difficulty of the move should be a factor in determining how much to tip your movers. If you are moving to a fifth-floor walk-up apartment with no elevator, your movers will have to work harder than if you were moving to a ground-level house. Consider the difficulty of the move when deciding how much to tip.
- Show your appreciation– It is a way to show your appreciation for their hard work. Make sure to thank them for their help and let them know that you appreciate their efforts. A simple “thank you” can go a long way in making your movers feel valued.
- Wait until the last minute– Waiting until the last minute to figure out how much to tip your movers can be stressful and overwhelming. It can also lead to you not tipping enough or tipping too much. To avoid this, plan and have a clear idea of how much you want to tip.
- Base the tip solely on the price of the move– The price of the move should not be the only factor in determining how much to tip your movers. A more expensive move does not necessarily mean that your movers worked harder or did a better job. Consider the difficulty of the move and the level of service provided when deciding how much to tip. For more information, visit here https://www.newviewmoving.com/sierra-vista.
- Tip in food or drinks– While it may be tempting to tip your movers in food or drinks, it’s not the best idea. Many moving companies have policies against accepting food or drinks as tips. Instead, tip your movers in cash or a check.